Interim Managing Director
For our client MVRDV Architects, we are looking for an interim Managing Director with visionary leadership, architectural affinity, change mindset and business acumen. He or she has a strategic mindset to develop a clear, actionable vision for the firm, identifying growth international opportunities, and adapting to market changes. The Interim Managing Director can lead MVRDV towards a future characterized by innovation, sustainability, and enduring success in the dynamic world of architecture.
Founded by Winy Maas, Jacob van Rijs and Nathalie de Vries, MVRDV is since 1993 a highly successful design practice with an abundant outcome of remarkable projects. Based in Rotterdam, Shanghai, Paris, Berlin and New York, they have a global scope providing solutions to contemporary architectural and urban project all over the world. With over 300 staff members MVRDV creates architectural designs for buildings, masterplans, interiors and landscapes. The results are exemplary, outspoken projects that enable cities and landscapes to develop towards a better future. The work of MVRDV is exhibited and published worldwide and has received numerous international awards. The firm has a reputation for designing innovative, unexpected, and joyful mixed-use buildings
The ideal CEO for MVRDV should possess a unique combination of visionary leadership, architectural affinity, change mindset and business acumen.He or she has a strategic mindset to develop a clear, actionable vision for the firm, identifying growth international opportunities, and adapting to market changes. the new CEO can lead MVRDV towards a future characterized by innovation, sustainability, and enduring success in the dynamic world of architecture.
- General management. Extensive experience in holistically leading a business, motivating and developing top talent, demonstrating leadership.
- Strategic Thinker: A strategic mindset to develop a clear, actionable vision for the firm, identifying growth opportunities, and adapting to market changes.
- Decision-Making Skills: The ability to reform decision-making processes, balancing inclusivity with efficiency, and making decisive choices to drive the firm forward.
- Ethical Leadership: A strong ethical compass, capable of navigating complex international projects while upholding the practice’s values and principles.
- Innovation Focus: An inclination towards innovation, embracing new technologies, exploring novel design approaches, and fostering a culture of creativity within the firm.
- Team Builder and Team Player: Proficiency in building and leading high-performing teams, encouraging collaboration, mentoring talent. Involves both the management team and the organization in shaping strategy and its tactical implementation.
- Motivates and inspires both the leadership team and the organization.
- Financial Acumen: A keen understanding of financial management, ensuring profitability, exploring new revenue streams, and optimizing resources effectively.
- Global Perspective: Cultural sensitivity and a global perspective to navigate diverse international markets, understanding unique client needs and market demands.
- Change Management: Experience in change management, capable of steering the firm through transformations, fostering adaptability, and ensuring a smooth transition towards a more agile and responsive organization.
- Results-oriented, driven, energetic, and self-starting.
- A curious, autonomous thinker.
Get in touch with us.