CIO – Impact Investing
Single Family Office
About the company
Our client is an international single-family office of impact investment and technology professionals. This single family office invests in highly impactful investment funds while at the same time developing new foundations and initiatives to support the founding family’s impact ambition. The organization’s investment scope is global, with a focus on East Africa and Central America.
To further professionalise their investment team we are looking for a CIO with a strong fund & direct impact investing background. The CIO will manage the Investment team (3fte) and will work closely together with the CEO. The CIO will report directly to the CEO of the family office.
The CIO’s key responsibilities will include:
- Team direction and leadership to fulfil the overall mission with a view to further build capacity and grow the team.
- Single family office strategy development, including clear measurable (sustainable impact) objectives plans to ensure, budgets, and funding.
- Analysing strengths and weaknesses to propose corrective action plans when necessary and preparing accurate forecasts so that the board can make informed decisions about future investments.
- Cooperation with associated teams that bring value-added capabilities to the portfolio and network, most specifically the impact measurement team.
- Responsibility for the performance of the overall investment portfolio, including funds (approx. 15), direct and co-investments (approx. 15). Agriculture in developing countries and regenerative tourism have specific focus within the investment strategy.
- Further professionalise the monitoring of existing investments and constantly challenge investment cases within the current impact investment goals.
- Perform risk management by analysing the organisation’s assets and liabilities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable relevant leadership experience of 10+ years.
- 10+ years of experience in managing and executing impact investments (fund and direct) combined with hands-on LPAC experience so the single family office interests are represented at all times.
- Experience in managing multi-stakeholder partnerships or projects.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, International Development or similar discipline. Specialised education in finance, impact investing, social finance is valued.
- Passionate and committed to development and social impact.
- Self-starter, critical thinker, committed to results, hands-on.
- Curious - encourage the desire to know more, learn and innovate.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Openness - a strong belief to share learnings and practices with the company.
- Discreet and of the utmost integrity, adheres to the highest ethical standards and has a strong moral compass.
- Team player with a strong belief in personal development and recognising people’s potential.
- Proficiency level English; good level of Spanish is valued.
- Regular traveling is part of the job.
Neem contact met ons op.